Birria. Birria is usually made with goat's meat or even with lamb or a combination of several types of meat. Cooking time using the Instant Pot or Pressure cooker. The use of a combination of meats is common in restaurants or local Birria eateries known as "Birrierias".
My inbox has been filled with the request for a step by step recipe. A video on how to make Birria, an authentic flavorful Mexican Stew made with beef, lamb or goat, that can be cooked in an Instant Pot, Dutch Oven or Slow Cooker. Birria is a Mexican stew made with blended chile peppers simmered with beef stew meat. You can cook Birria using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Birria
- You need 1.5 kg of carne de su elección (costilla, pecho, pescuezo, arrachera, sirloin).
- You need 1 cda of sazonador de carne asada (sal de ajo, comino, orégano, paprika, chile quebrado, cebolla en polvo).
- You need 1 hoja grande of aguacate.
- It’s 2 hojas of laurel.
- You need 1 cda of ajo picado o 3 dientes.
- Prepare 2.5 lts of agua.
- You need al gusto of sal.
This is as authentic as it can get Sonoran Birria we make it like this all the time especially for family gatherings this is the best the only thing we do different in our family is use chuck roast beef I don't know how. Birria is a goat-based soup that hails from the state of Jalisco in Mexico, though surrounding states like Michoacán, parts of Durango, and Zacatecas also It's typically served with tortillas, toppings, and salsas. Birria is often used to sweat out a cruda, or hangover. You'll also find birria around holidays.
- El chile sin semillas, el ajo, el laurel, la hoja de aguacate, sal y el sazonador junto con medio litro de agua, a la licuadora por 5 minutos para que quede bien molido y colar.
- En una olla poner, la carne, la mezcla licuada y colada y el resto del agua y poner a hervir.
- Al primer hervor bajar al mínimo la flama y tapar, poner aluminio para mejor sello en la olla y dejar 3.5 hrs a fuego lento.
- Sacar la carne de la olla y picar/desmenuzar al tamaño deseado.
- Armar unos tacos coquetos con cilantro, cebolla, limón y salsa, aaahh y acompañar de una tacita del jugo/consomé de la olla 😉🤤.
And while Birria is traditionally made with goat in Mexico, I get way more mileage from a batch of Beef Birria so I used beef brisket for this batch. Birria, a classic Mexican dish that can be served as a stew or taco filling, can be made from whatever type of meat you like with this easy recipe. Associated with the state of Jalisco, but eaten in many parts of the country, birria is a traditional Mexican dish most often made with goat meat or mutton, but. BIRRIA This recipe is from Guadalajara in the state of Jalisco, Mexico, where the broth is served with everything, even sandwiches on the street. Jalisco prides itself on being the home of this spicy chile-based broth.